VP of Content
Email if interested at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach your resume and cover letter as separate documents. All applicants must have a resume and cover letter.
- Strategic Thinker: Thinks strategically and sets directions aligned to company’s strategy, applying external perspective to meet business needs.
- Innovator: Innovative mindset, out-of- the-box thinker, inspirational to influence team, peers and leadership.
- Creates Partnerships: Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Grows Talent: Inclusively and pro-actively develops talent, empowers individuals and manages diverse teams to drive engagement and performance.
- Models our Values: Creates a culture that promotes the company’s values and standards through role modeling, accountability and ownership of decisions.
- Drives Results: Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
- Manage the strategy and creation of content that is flexible, agile, innovative, on-brand and, most of all, effective at telling FlyQuest’s story to new and existing fans.
- Work closely with Director of Social & Digital Media and the Brand Partnership team to develop strong concepts for partner pitches. Oversee execution of Brand content ensuring goals are exceeded.
- Develop strategies for content distribution and monetization across owned, earned, and paid digital channels.
- Build and own the FlyQuest editorial calendar – a content roadmap and strategy to position FlyQuest as a thought and style leader while driving fan acquisition across all distribution channels (blogs, broadcast media, video, social and influencers).
- Track the efficacy of content across the taking, taking measures where necessary to guide improvements.
- Design and manage an ongoing process for governance and quality control.
- Foster a healthy “one team” culture that values diversity and inclusion, where ideas can be expressed freely, and collaboration and communication are valued as critical to success.
- Develop and track content marketing key performance indicators, implement testing methodologies to measure and optimize content performance, and measure the performance of content on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- 8+ years’ experience working in a content strategy and editorial function, preferably in the gaming, digital or entertainment space.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Experience developing content strategies based on segmentation, consumer insights, and fan journeys with measurable success.
- Strong proficiency with organic and paid search, and developing content strategies that support both.
- Understanding of all aspects of content marketing, including social media, influence marketing and communications.
- Experience leading a team with a proven ability to communicate, delegate, build a team and develop direct reports.
- Exceptional messaging and writing skills and the ability to leverage multiple channels to land meaningful narratives.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to ensure accuracy in all communications deliverables.
- Ability to balance need for creativity with a data-driven approach to measuring impact and success.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.